Norton Safeweb

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Gnarly Old Vines (pictures)

Following are a few photos of beautiful old vines, mostly zinfandel, that I've taken over the past few years. I'll identify where the vines are as best I can. Mostly wintertime pictures because you can see the vine structure better. 

Click on any image to enlarge.
 

Looks like it's close to picking time! 
Alexander Valley along Highway 128, 
in front of Alexander Valley Vineyards
Early October 2018


 

Along Dry Creek Road looking down on the Dry Creek Valley floor
I believe this is the south end of the valley near Wilson Winery
Early January of 2015

 

On Ridge/Lytton Springs property next to the winery
in Dry Creek Valley
Early January 2015 (same day as the pic above)

 


Russian River Valley west of Santa Rosa near Piner Road
Lots of old vineyards in this area,
some are gone since this picture was taken.
January 2011


 

Pagani Ranch in Sonoma Valley along Highway 12. 
These Vines are gone now, a victim of economics.
March 2010 




Near Story Winery in Amador County, Sierra Foothills
March 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment