Norton Safeweb

Friday, May 18, 2018

True Stories from the Tasting Room

Things I've been told in the winery tasting room. And this is just in the past few months!

"Oh, Primitivo. That's that Mexican grape." He said it twice because he was so sure. Primitivo is the Italian version of Zinfandel.

Upon checking an ID, "What do you mean you won't serve me? I turn 21 in just a few hours. The cops don't care."  Oh

"It says wine club members get free tastings. I'm in a wine club." As you might guess it was not our wine club she was in.

(Mid-afternoon) Them: "I haven't had lunch yet. What do you have for lunch?" Me: "We don't serve food, ma'am" Them: "Well, I need to eat!" Me: (under my breath) Does this look like a fu#kin' restaurant? Me: (out loud) "Well, the closest restaurant to us would be _____." She left seemingly upset that we would not feed her.

"Can I get a cup of coffee?" Um, no, how about lunch?

Woman walking past the "No pets" sign and up to the bar with a small, fluffy dog in her purse. Me: "Sorry, we only allow trained service animals in here." Them: "Oh, she is."

No comments:

Post a Comment