|If you decide to date a wine geek|
here's what you're in for
- They rate your performance using the hundred point scale.
- Their ability to rate performance is never taken into question.
- Just because you previously had three mid-90s scores, but you last one was an 86, you are no longer relevant.
- If they are a CA wine lover then they expect you to be lush, juicy and full-bodied. If they are a French wine lover they want you lean and to be at your peak in 20 years.
- They've decided blondes from Sonoma and redheads from Napa are the best. So if you are a brunette from Amador forget it. At one time blondes from Napa were "in," but that's so 1990s.
- Geeks look for a dry sense of humor, if you're a little bit sweet forget it.
- The last time you got in an argument they said you were "astringent" and you still don't know how to take that.
- They have a crush on any wine maker of the opposite sex (sometimes the same sex) and would immediately leave you to spend the weekend with one.
- Their idea of a good joke is, "Yo' mamma's so fat she has her own appellation!"