Beer is better than wine because:
- You can open a 12 oz beer without it being a big deal because; 1) it won't get you drunk, 2) it doesn't cost as much, and 3) it's a whole lot easier to open.
- Corked wines are a problem you don't get with beer unless you're drinking one of those fancy schmancy beers that come with a cork. Then you're just like the wine people because you probably paid a lot of money for that corked beer. Ha ha.
- Beer commercials on TV are great. Only caveat is it seems the worst the beer the better the commercial.
- George Thorogood sung about, "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer." Nobody ever asks a bartender for a glass of Merlot and a shot of Jack. At least I hope not.
- Beer is better with all the basic food groups: BBQ, potato chips, nachos, and hot links. Ever try chips and salsa with Cabernet? Yuck.
- Wine drinkers worry too much about the vintage and the vineyard. Beer drinkers mostly care if the brewmaster is chubby because that means he likes his own product. All real beer makers have a beard and wear flannel shirts. Real winemakers wear shorts and rubber boots. If you see either one in a suit be wary.
- Wine makes you want to listen to classical music, or worse, smooth jazz. Beer makes you want to crank up The Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers LP. Nuff said.
|Beer maker at Rogue is famous |
for having made a special beer from
the yeast living in his beard.
You'll never see that from a winemaker!
image from beerinfo.com