Norton Safeweb

Saturday, May 7, 2016

What Wine for Today's "Holiday?"

I often like to suggest wines for goofy, obscure holidays like National Doughnut Day, for instance (which will be on June 3rd so mark your calendars). 

Well, the first Saturday in May is World Naked Gardening Day. Nope, I'm not making this up. I am a bit at a loss for wine "pairings," but have a couple suggestions.

1. Probably having something to drink before doing this is a good idea. Maybe have two or three drinks.

2. Stick with something lighter such as a Rosé or Sauv Blanc. Or  break out the blender and have a couple margaritas while gardening because downing a half-bottle of Cabernet before working in the yard just doesn't sound right.

And don't frighten your neighbors.This is why I'm not participating. I'm waiting for May 25th, Nat'l Wine Day and, of course, June 3rd, Nat'l Doughnut Day. I wish they would put these two on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment