You know you're from Sonoma County when you ...
- Spend more time at the local micro-breweries than wineries.
- Take a sweatshirt to the beach rather than a swimsuit.
- Notice more Priuses and Teslas on the road than any other car. Although white Ford F-150s outnumber them all.
- Hear your neighbor's chickens.
- Have had to stop in the road and wait for sheep or turkeys to cross.
- Know what Sonoma Aroma is (hint: it comes from cows).
- Know to stay out of the towns of Sonoma and Healdsburg on summer and autumn weekends.
- Have your favorite taqueria and favorite food truck.
- Have your favorite farmers market.
- Have your favorite bakery for sourdough.
- Know someone who can get you abalone.
- Have stood in line at the market for crab at the holidays.
- Won't stand in line at Russian River Brewery for Pliny the Younger.
- Know what days / times you can actually get into Russian River Brewery without waiting in line.
- Know which part of the county to head for if you want to cool down -- or warm up.
- Are a Giants and a Grateful Dead fan.
- Try to be nice when visitors say they're really enjoying their trip to Napa.
- Keep Wine Away in the house.
- Keep a corkscrew in the car.
|You know you are in Sonoma County|
because there are people doing this
image from pressdemocrat.com