For a more thrilling time
- Take a hike for the view at Hood Mountain, North Sonoma Mountain, or Taylor Mountain parks (listed from most strenuous to least).
- Rent a Kayak on the upper Russian River early in the season while the water is still running briskly. You can also rent a kayak at Jenner where the river empties into the Pacific.
- Zip-line through the redwoods near Occidental.
- Spend a day at the the racing school at Sonoma Raceway.
- Rent (or bring) a boat and stay at a boat-in camp site on Lake Sonoma.
|From North Sonoma Mtn Regional Park|
For a more leisurely time
- Hang out for the day at Memorial Beach or Francis Ford Coppola Winery's pool.
- Go to Broadway Under the Stars at Jack London State Park.
- Visit the seals and other marine life at Goat Rock Beach.
- Check out one of the many free concerts and farmers' markets.
- See the wild African animals at Safari West
|Broadway Under the Stars|
Image from transcendencethreatre.org